For 90% of surgical procedures, resorbable membranes are indicated, while for the remaining 10%, in which a prolonged barrier effect is required, non-resorbable membranes are generally used, which however require a second surgery for their removal.
For this reason, UBGEN® has also created a variant of resorbable membrane with a long-term barrier effect, which is undoubtedly the best solution for the patient, who thus avoids the stress of double surgery.
▷ Designed for bone surgery in dentistry with different thicknesses▷ Extremely resistant to traction, suturable and fixable with pins ▷ Produced by an entirely Italian supply chain, certified and controlled (CE 0373), through a standardized decellularization process
Zone 1: alignment of the fibres with very low elastic modulus. It indicates the need for a very low force to stretch the membrane.
Zone 2: the collagen fibrils are realigned with the direction of the effort and begin to oppose a certain resistance due to the inter and intra-molecular bonds.
Zone 3:inter-fibrillar bonds break and plastic deformation occurs until the sample breaks.
Based on the results obtained, it can be asserted that, even in hydrated conditions, SHELTER® FAST and SHELTER® SLOW have the typical natural structure of the pericardium: a first region of fibrillar alignment, an area of resistance to stress, a third phase of gradual breaking with fibres that continue to hold the membrane together and in situ.
The graph clearly shows that the SHELTER® SLOW membrane requires higher tractive stress to reach the breaking point, indicating greater resistance to degradation.
The cross-linking process of the SHELTER® SLOW membrane allows the latter to be reabsorbed in a longer period of time (4-6 months). This is due to the greater number of intramolecular bonds between the collagen fibrils. The SHELTER® FAST membrane, on the other hand, has a certified degradation time of 4-5 weeks.
In vitro studies have shown that the SHELTER® membrane is highly hydrophilic, as it is capable of rapidly absorbing the solution it comes into contact with, while maintaining its three-dimensional structure (without collapsing). Following hydration, SHELTER® acquires high adhesive properties and adaptation to surfaces: this is extremely important for applications in which the membrane must be used and must conform even to very irregular surfaces.
From this it can be seen that SHELTER® FAST and SHELTER® SLOW membranes are suitable for applications in the regeneration of alveolar bone tissue using the GBR and GTR techniques.
Their ability to hydrate makes them easy to handle, able to adhere to irregular surfaces even in difficult to reach positions.
UBGEN Srl Viale del Lavoro 14, 35010, Vigonza (PD), Italy - Phone: +39 049 628 630